Monday, July 12, 2010

Stuff I Fancy

I'm starting this blog for no other reason that to force myself to write more often. I have a degree in journalism that cries out over the injustice I've served it from not actually becoming a journalist. I have another blog about my cupcaking passion, but, frankly, I'm not interested in sharing all my secrets every day. So, it's time to get down to business and blog about stuff I fancy.

I am no one special or important, but I do have one thing that makes me valuable: I am a marketer's dream.

Trust me, I will just about buy anything if there's a good hook to it.
Ice cubes that light up and change colors? Check. Just think of how pretty the glassware will glow! Oh, the ambiance!
Kitty water fountain? Sign me up! My little Brodie angel deserves fresh water that's also fun to drink, plus, the darned thing is pink. Double-score!

" Married the Man from Nantucket" t-shirt? Well, who could resist that, especially since I was in Nantucket and it made a great gift.

I live by the firm belief that one should never let anything be ordinary. I consider my taste to be delightfully tacky in some ways, yet always interesting.
Therefore, I will use this blog to post the things that I dig and think are worth checking out.

I hope you enjoy and email me if you think there is something that scream "Jennifer, add me to your collection of crap!" I promise you, there's a good chance I might.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool blog! It seems riveting already. :)

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this. Must be why I'm still in retail! I just wish I could be lured into the cheap seduction as easily as I am those high-ticket items...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite magazine is the Sky Mall; such awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete